July 7, 2011

Kitchen Cabinet Part 0

Why this post is Part 0? It's because I would like to share the lessons that I learned from my kitchen cabinet job for my condo.

1. My biggest mistake : Only went to 1 kedai/showroom in Seremban (and my condo in KL) and terus close the deal! Biasa lah...masa tu takde experience pasal hal rumah ni....so bila I compare the price with what I'm getting now was far far far most expensive that I got today for a better material! -- Now : I went to 7 places and end up for the most bargain price.

2. The design of the drawers/compartment was left to the designer which in deed did not know our own kitchen requirements. So end up, the drawer for ketchup, spices etc is so big that the requirement! -- Now : I make sure the number of drawers, doors are following my kitchen needs.

3. Heavy load drawer is a must! I did not aware of this, therefore my drawers where I kept my plates, bowls could not properly closed because it did not design for heavy loads.
-- Now : BLUM drawers, designed & guaranteed for heavy loads.

 Kitchen at my condo : Before solid surface was installed

4. No stainless steel baskets and swing basket were installed which made it hard to reach some stuff inside the cabinet! -- Now : I have my stainless steel basket for bottle, swing basket and for my ration storage :-)                                                

 Complete kitchen

5. Standard height cabinet looks nice and modern, but limited storage area especially for a house that only has 1 kitchen. -- Now : I installed ceiling height for my wet kitchen for ample storage area and it does look modern too.

6. Without all those above, I had to pay RM16,300 for the kitchen which I think it could get me my wet and dry kitchen for the new house with a better material and accessories.
 
 
My condo that soon will be missed :-(
Learning through EXPERIENCE is the best lesson!!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience. Really really appreciate it. Esok jugak nak call jeff from artak.

    ReplyDelete