March 23, 2012

My kitchen flooring

Hi peeps..

This is the new look of my kitchen. Actually I was not so satisfied with the choice of colour of my cabinet. It is not I don't like the mocha colour, but it did not contrast with my floor tiles. My mistake, did not check the colour of the cabinet with floor colour. So guys out there, this is one of the lesson you should learn!

Anyway, I have Rm500 Floor Depot deposit that I paid almost 1 year ago to lock the current promotion price. It's going to expire on 31st March 2012. Since I don't feel any needs to replace my flooring at home and at the same time I did not want the deposit to be forfeited, therefore, I have used it to replace my kitchen flooring. That has caused me RM1400, and since I have paid RM500 one year ago, I just need to top up another RM900.

FYI, I have chosen the cheapest 'water resistant' type of material. That is not my first choice, but that is the cheapest among its range. I buat betul2 sbb taknak burn my deposit. But those yg hunting for barang rumah while waiting for your house keys to be handed over, please don't get caught over your excitement. Especially with Floor Depot. Because why, I ended up paying higher if I were to use the voucher that I paid for last year's promotion. Yes, they gave you 55% discount on the material, but you have to pay the installation fee, transportation fee etc. etc. while the current March 2012 promotion gave me only 40% discount on the material, but other fees are FOC.

So .... moral of the story, tak payah la bayar deposit to FLOOR DEPOT to lock the current price sbb :

1. You tak really sure whether you really need it unless you already move in.
2. Promotion dia maybe right, but dia exclude other charges/hidden charges which I found this ada unsur2 nak menipu customer. Sbb once we have paid, mesti ramai yg tak nak end up your money to be forfeited, so like me, terpaksa jugak buat walaupun tak rasa pun nak pakai laminated floor just yet..
3. If you wanna do laminated flooring, I heard other company gave better price and better service. One of them is LaWoodCare ....

That's all folks, jgn comment my kitchen, sbb overall, I had dreamt a much better kitchen than this, tapi tunggu lah, bila dah byk duit nanti :-)

p/s I don't know why I could not arrange the photo as I wished, to show a clearer before and after photos..





3 comments:

  1. Your kitchen looks great, either way. What you can do to create contrast between the cabinets and the floor by adding a splash of color to either of the two. You can add rugs with contrasting colors to light up the area.

    -Kathy Carbone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,

    You are right! I only realized about adding the rugs after I had installed the laminated floor. And to be frank, installing laminated floor at the kitchen area was not 'so brilliant' idea even with water resistance material. Unless if you have more budget, water proof should be your choice. Because wet kitchen of course tend to be wet, therefore, water resistance material did not do enough for your kitchen :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good sharing here, Floor Depot is a leading brand in wood flooring solutions with High Density Fibreboard, offering a host of solid wood, chamwood, super engineered wood and laminated floorings and accessories. For detail review visit:
    http://kidbuxblog.com/floors-made-for-extra-durability/

    ReplyDelete