June 20, 2011

Interior Design Magazines

I really love reading or flapping through ID magazines. To become an interior designer had once became my ambition, though I know that I don't have the skills for sketching, drawing, etc.

Here I would like to share with you my preferred magazines. I think this is quite a good info to share because you won't end up wasting your money on the 'not so good' or 'not so suit with your taste' magazines.

2006 : I used to like reading Impiana magazines. That time, the designs in that magazines suited me. Only once in a while I bought Anjung Sri, which after that I will regret it so much. There's nothing wrong with that magazine, but just the design in the magazine more towards an 'olskool' or 'traditional' design. It's a big turn- off for me. So in 2006, Impiana did win my heart.

2008 : I bought a condo in Ampang. So apart from Impiana, I also like to buy Dapur Impiana magazine. Tidak mengecewakan. The kitchens shown in the magazines were some from celebrities' kitchen including Noniswara, and the late Dato' Sosilawati. Apartment from Impiana also was not bad.....

2009 : Dah lama baca Impiana, I found a new sweetheart, but not a local magazine. It's SQUAREROOMS, from Singapore. I started to read this magazine when suddenly felt bored with Impiana, and try to look for new fresh ideas and design for my condo. I still remember I first bought this magazine when I was at the KLIA. This magazine was published every 3 months back then, but now luckily it is publish every month. The moderness of the design really really suit my taste, which I didn't find it in Impiana anymore.....

Squarerooms Latest Issue

Ideal Homes 2011, from SQUAREROOMS 
My favourite issue!!!
 
2011 : After one year plus a loyal reader to SQUAREROOMS, I suddenly felt the ideas did not suit so much for my new 2 and half storeys semi-d house, which I bought early this year. Since it is a Singapore's mag, the ideas features in the mag are mostly for condo and apartment. I switched my interest to IN DESIGN @ id from iNpublisher. This magazine features many photos, less words, unlike Impiana and Anjung Sri, many words, and too many advertisement..... So I'm a big fan of this magazine now.
 In Design @ ID

Taken from 'id' magazine ... I Likeee...


So guys, different people has different interest, taste, and ideas. I'm just sharing with you my interest and my preference.



No comments:

Post a Comment